Friday, September 28, 2012

Day Five: Hexagons


Amy: Hexies...oh how I adore hexies!  I cut the smaller hexagon pattern and layered it onto my jar die and did some simple stamping.  The blue hexagon pattern is cut from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper.  Actually both started as 12 x 12's.  The love contrast of the sizes and colors.




Julie: I am FOREVER happy that hexagons came into the scrappy world and I HOPE.THEY.NEVER.LEAVE. ever ever ever!!!! I love love love them!! And every time a scrappy company releases some hexagons, I am ALL OVER IT!!!!! For my page, I love the denim background so much, I didn't want to lose that in my page, so I used hexagons as an accent on my page .... I cut these from a 12x12 sheet of My Minds Eye paper!



Yvonne: This is my fave photo of my niece and nephew to date so even though I've scrapped this photo on a traditional layout, I wanted to create an altered canvas to display at home.


I adhered scrunched up wrapping tissue to the base of the 12 x 12 canvas, then adhered some leftover diecut letters [see top right]. Then I applied fiber paste with various stencils. When that dried, I played around with paint colours and dabbed with wet rag to make sure the paint got into the grooves to define the patterns on the base. Then a bloom and some swirl rub-ons and I have a lovely display piece! :)

____________________________________________________

Time really flies. Today's the last day of our five-day workshop! :( Have you had fun in the last few days? We would love to see your inspired projects. Upload them to our Flickr group OR leave a link in the comment section. You have till 12 October to be in the running for some RAKs. The winners will be announced on 15 October.:)

Here are today's sketches.

Card sketch


Layout sketch


15 comments:

Rose said...

well you saved the BEST for last!!!! AWESOME projects ladies :)

*will be looking forward to Let's get trendy now! 3 {{just a little hint!}} :)

Ella Swan said...

Thanks for all the effort girls! Beautiful work & great ideas!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your projects Amy and Yvonne!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

~amy~ said...

It's no secret that I {heart} hexagons...love your projects Julie & Yvonne!

A Big Shout Out to the Magnificent Yvonne for putting together this wonderful workshop!!! Woot Woot!!!!!

Sue D said...

I love hexagons because we have actually kept bees before. Great jar of honey on the first project.

Dawnll said...

I am always fascinated with the shape and all of you did a great job showcasing!
This has been so fun

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE these! I still haven't worked with hexagons - this is great inspiration.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Thank you for making and sharing these awesome projects. Very inspiring!
xoxo

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL! I can't wait to see #3 too :) Because, you know, you guys have lots of time & stuff! Gorgeous projects - now to find a unique way to use hexies!

~jan said...

Another day of fabulousness!

Ella Swan said...

I'm guessing you mean midnight EST on the 12th? Am trying my hardest to get them all done!!

glorygirl said...

Looooved the hexagon challenge! It's going to be hard now to put my hexagon stencil away. LOL!

This one won't count for the giveaway but I wanted to share it anyway :)

http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/2012/10/two-more-for-cool-chicks.html

Anonymous said...

Super cute project

Anonymous said...

Great use of hexagons. I love all the projects.

Ellen H. said...

You make pretty cards!