Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day Two: Household Supplies


Yvonne: I love rummaging through my "keep-it-for-a-rainy-day" stash for little fun treasures to incorporate on my creative projects. I love this plastic swing set which I thought would make a lovely focal point for a "New home" card.

It was originally hot pink so I spray painted it silver and adhered it such that you could swing the swing! Super fun! :)


Amy:  Can you spot my households supplies?  I used coffee liners as a ruffle on the tags:)




Julie: My household product is vintage fabric (it was cream when I started)!!!! I took a 12x12 canvas, glued the fabric to it and then painted it and while the paint was still wet, I took Studio Calico mist and misted it!! After everything was dry, I added my quote and the cut the Crate paper to look like stacked books!!

Here is what it looked like when I first glued the fabric on the canvas --


Added paint --


Then mist --



__________________________________________

Are you inspired to see what you can find in your home to incorporate on your projects? We would love to see them! Upload them to our Flickr pool OR feel free to leave a link in the blog comments.

Here are today's sketches.

Card sketch

Layout sketch

See you tomorrow for Day Three: Stencils! :)

20 comments:

Piali said...

WOW!! You girls are amazing!! Great projects!!

maria f. said...

Lightbulb moment - spray paint/mist over "hoarded treasures with cool textures" to give them new meaning. Wonder if it would work on nets from onions (plastic-y)...
Yvonne, I looked at your swing and immediately thought "DD's old Barbie stuff." :)

Hussena said...

Your projects are just so gorgeous..Yvonne I loved that swing set you have used...such a brilliant idea and the fabric canvas and coffee filter ruffles are just fantastic as well!!...so inspired :)

Linda said...

These are great projects! Love the house hole products. Wonderful.

Carla said...

These are all clever and look terrific! I especially love the coffee filter ruffles because: A. they look awesome B. They are cheap and readily available C. Amy's my girl

Dawnll said...

I love them!!!
Some pretty fun ideas to share.

glorygirl said...

These are wonderful! Makes me want to go dig in our junk drawer!!! Such amazing creativity!

Cindy deRosier said...

So creative! The swingset is so totally unique and out-of-the-box.

Ella Swan said...

This is a really cool challenge girls! Thanks for the inspo!!

Unknown said...

What a unique and "tricky" challenge!! I love all of your wonderful examples!! I'll have to put my thinking cap on for this one.

Sue D said...

Great projects using household supplies. I like the coffee filter ruffles.

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW... you ladies rock!!! Love all the projects... Interesting and amazingly done.... hugs...xoxo

Rose said...

oh my gosh!!! you girls ROCK!!!!

what a shock Amy used coffee filters! lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wait... Amy lives in Seattle and used coffee filters!?!?!?!?!!? Hmmmmmmmmmm... lol!! Just playing girl!! I just loveeeeeeee yours and Yvonne's PROJECTS!!! AMAZING!!!!

TesaB said...

Such fun and creative projects!!! Fab layout, such fun ruffles and that canvas! Wow! Simply adore the swing set. Just the idea of saving a hot pink plastic swing set... Spray paint do magic!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I played along :) http://homemadecardsbyerin.blogspot.com/2012/09/national-coffee-day.html

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I'm playing along again :) http://www.homemadecardsbyerin.blogspot.com/2012/10/drink-coffee.html

Jessi Fogan said...

Yvonne, you continually amaze me with the neat stuff you recycle - the toys especially since I have a basement full of those! And how great are the coffee filters, Amy? I've seen them as flowers but they rock as ruffles! And Julie, what a truly fabulous wall hanging - especially for a major bookworm like me :)

Ella Swan said...

Just finished this one! Will photograph & blog about it tomorrow so I can link up. I can't get my images from my Flickr to add to the group - they just never add when I "click add"!!

glorygirl said...

Great take on this challenge, girls! Looooove what you came up with! Especially the ruffly coffee filters. I'm so not a coffee drinker but my hubby might have a filter or two I could use!

I used a plastic fork on my page:

http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/2012/10/playing-along-with-three-cool-chicks.html

Your creations ROCK and could inspire me again and again!