Monday, September 24, 2012

Day One: Washi tape



Amy:  I have a very small washi collection.  Can you spot it on my card?  The lower half of the house and the 'flower fields' are made from washi tape.  I love that you can make it look 'uninterrupted'.  The black cardbase really makes everything pop, dontcha think?


Julie: Technically I don't have WASHI tape on my layout now!!! But I did when I started! I used my washi tape as a mask!! Once my background paper was dry, I peeled the tape off and splattered more mists on my page!! Have fun with the washi tapes!!!

Here is what it looked like when I had the Washi Tape on it --


And peeled off once dried -- 






Yvonne: This Lilo and Stitch box was from Hong Kong Disneyland. I love that it's a rocket.


The first thing I did was to spray-paint over the design on the cover, then added washi tape all over.


So I forgot to sand before I did the spray-paint [slaps own forehead], so it was patchy at spots when the paint dried. I decided to add corrugated board to the top exposing just a little of the gold spray paint. A photo of my niece, some trim and a leather rose from an old shoe and my project is saved....err...complete! *winks*


________________________________

Are you having fun yet? Will you be using the washi tape in your stash? We would love to see your take on the washi trend. Please share your inspirations via our Flickr pool. Alternatively, you may leave a link in the comment section. Come play along by October 12 and we'll pick some winners to win a little something from us. :)

Here are today's sketches.

Card sketch

Layout sketch

See you tomorrow for Day Two: Household Supplies! :)

26 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, you guys are having fun, can't wait to play along, glad I've got a few weeks :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I have a few rolls of washi tape that I've never used. Time to finally try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Piali said...

OMG!!! Super fun projects!! I love Washi Tapes...now I love them even more!! Love Amy's card ...AWESOME!!
Fab LO..just wonderful!
The rocket is the cutest thing ever!!
Great start GIRLS!!

glorygirl said...

This is GREAT! I started to type the specific things I love about each project...but it's really everything! Loads of inspiration here! Way to kick off day one!!!

Hussena said...

Oh wow these are just gorgeous inspiration..love how you have showcased the versatility of the washi tape...so in trend now...but i still don't own any...so guess can't play along :(

~jan said...

Good stuff, girls!! I have exactly one roll of washi tape and havent used it yet - so excited to get to it now!

Carla said...

Great job, guys! I have lots of washi tape because A Muse Studio carries it, but I don't use it very often. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue D said...

You have given me some great ideas for using washi tape.

TesaB said...

You girls are amazing. Love this post, such fun projects. I do have a few washi tapes and almost never ever use them. Might need to change that!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Off to a great start, girls! Thanks!!

Lynnda said...

wow wee!!! love all 3 projects!! great ways to use washi tapes... Awesome...chickadees!!!hugs...xoxo

Rose said...

LOVE all your projects!!!!
can't wait for my days off so i can play :)

Sylvia said...

I love your projects and the three different approaches. I got Day 1 made. Yipee Yeah!!!! Had a fun time girls, thanks for your inspiration!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yvonne and Amy... LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your projects!!!!!!

maria f. said...

Use washi as a mask. Great idea. I love the look of those "white lines" on the LO and I imagine the washi looks pretty cool afterwards too with the mist on it. A two-fer.

~amy~ said...

Washi as a mask...excellent! Yvonne, you always amaze me with your knack for upcycling! Awesome projects ladies:)

Debbie P said...

Love these projects! I love Washi Tape. I always seem to use it sparingly, like I'm afraid to run out. Dumb!!! I need to see what I can come up with!!!

Ella Swan said...

Cute ideas girls - well done!

Unknown said...

LOVE all of your examples!! Not sure what I'm going to be able to come up with for this one!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL! I always use washi sparingly too - it's a roll, it's going to last a LONG time, and there is not a worldwide washi shortage ;) Hoarding is just one of those nonsensical things :)
Love these projects - and the fun house sketch! I've got everything printed out & BIG PLANS for crafting this week :)

Ella Swan said...

Hey I got this one done girls! I combined it with some DT work for Pandore but will try to get a post up this week (before the deadline!) about your challenges and my entries! Hopefully I'll manage to combine some others too. Here is mine http://helentilbury.blogspot.com/2012/10/small-and-cute-layout-les-papiers-de.html
Made me realise I need to get through that washi and that I don't know what to do with it! Plan on being much more adventurous with it in future!!

Merry said...

Fantastic uses of the washi tape...I will have to dig mine out and see what I come up with.

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

waoh!! lovely was waiting to use my tapes & here are my creations with tapes & punches:)

Carla said...

Here's mine! I completely forgot to post it here!

http://paperpastorale.blogspot.com/2012/10/so-much-muse-studio-news.html

glorygirl said...

Is it possible to go overboard with washi? LOL! Had fun taping away on my project!

http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/2012/10/playing-along-with-three-cool-chicks.html

Thanks for helping me make a teeny tiny dent in my washi supply!

Edi said...

Ingin memperoleh keuntungan lebih banyak dari permainan Judi Baccarat, disarankan segera bermain dengan menggunakan Bobol Server Judi Baccarat.
Hoki Pasti
Info Jitu
Cheat Pasti