Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day Four: Punches and diecuts


Yvonne: I have quite a number of punches in my stash so I decided to see how many I could utilize to make a simple card. :)


I went with 5 punches...okay 4 punches and a corner rounder. :)


Here is a look at my card components before assembly.


Then I finished with some twine and a pearl for the centre of my butterfly. Now let's see how you utilize your punches and diecuts! :)





Julie: I totally decided to have fun with my punches and diecuts!! I remembered that I had a page of Amy Butler butterflies in my stash and decided to punch them out and just lay them wherever they landed on my page!!! And then I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch to fill in some other blank spots on my page!! Just remember... you don't always have to use the newest and greatest out there -- grab something from your stash and go to town!!! :)



Amy:   I LOVE dies and punches.  The acorns are cut with a die and I use a corner rounder punch on the base panels.  They are actually altered magnets.

_________________________________________________

There are so many different ways to utilize your punches and diecuts! Show us how you were inspired by uploading your projects to our Flickr pool OR by leaving a link within the comment section. You have until 12 October to be in the running for some RAKs. :)

Here are today's sketches.

Card sketch


Layout sketch

See you tomorrow for Day Five: Hexagons! :)

15 comments:

Piali said...

Lovely projects, Girls!!

Lynnda said...

those projects are cute!!!... love them..... you ladies rock!!!... hugs...xoxo

Hussena said...

such pretty projects from all of you Julie's Butterfly Lo looks awesome!!i am totally enjoying this :)

jacque4u2c said...

Lovely!!!!

~amy~ said...

What's not to love about punches and dies?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee your projects Amy and Yvonne!!! AMAZING!!!!

maria f. said...

Flabbergasted by Julie's flutterbys. Ethereal somehow. Love that randomness.
One good tip with a square punch - use it to make a "banner" - put a strip of paper into one corner of the square and punch. Voila. Don't need a banner sentiment die.

Rose said...

LOVE your projects!!!!

um, not sure i have any punches, might have to go shopping!! lol ;)

Sue D said...

Great projects using punches and die cuts!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I totally want that acorn die. Those magnets are adorable!

Jessi Fogan said...

Trying to use the most punches possible...now there's a goal :) I'm loving the sketches & the butterfly page is so colourful & beautiful! And those acorns...oh, I love them!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

waoh!! lovely was waiting to use my tapes & here are my creations with tapes & punches:)

Sylvia said...

I forgot that die cuts were on the list as well, but I used them all the time. Love punches as well. Enjoyed seeing your projects and how your used the pieces! Thanks girls!

glorygirl said...

Of all your challenges I've tried so far, this one was my have! Can't wait to do the hexagons and stencils!

Here is my link: http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/2012/10/playing-along-with-three-cool-chicks.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

glorygirl said...

Hi, ladies!!! My RAK arrived today. THANK YOU so much! I've heard all about the Serendipity and Shine line....and now part of it is mine. Bwahahahaha! THANK YOU!